reddeadreademption

Red Dead Reademption

I don't have time to read as much as I'd like anymore, so when I do, I make sure what I'm reading is the best I can find.

Seven Forges
James A. Moore
The Mike Hammer Collection, Volume 2: One Lonely Night, The Big Kill, Kiss Me Deadly
Mickey Spillane
The Black Dahlia
James Ellroy
Witches Abroad
Terry Pratchett
The Drawing of the Three
Stephen King
When You Are Engulfed In Flames - David Sedaris I've yet to listen to a David Sedaris audio book that I didn't like. I'm not sure reading them would have the same effect; reading of Sedaris' travails in a speech therapy class would not be the same as listening to him read them with the ghost of the lisp that landed him there lurking constantly at the edges of his speech. His conversational tones add a sense of the casual and commonplace to even the most surreal anecdote. Listening to him read of his father's jazz combo dreams for his children have a charm and simplicity that the printed word, for all its versatility, simply lacks. As always, Sedaris is witty, often darkly funny, and piercingly insightful. He is often more poignant that one would expect, writing of his sisters, parents, and brother with both affection and humor. This one, along with "Me Talk Pretty One Day," is in constant rotation on the iPod.